Our guided Heli-Assisted Touring program offers a unique and economical way to experience prime backcountry touring terrain in the North Cascades. The early-morning helicopter flight straight to the goods eliminates the long energy-draining approach - and we land you on a peak for a warm-up run right off the bat. After touring and shredding powder all day you get a helicopter flight back to the Heli Barn. Our guides have unmatched knowledge of the terrain and snowpack to fully maximize your day of backcountry alpine touring or splitboarding. Proficiency and experience in backcountry touring is required. We can combine people to build a load, but we recommend that you build a full load of four with the same experience, abilities, and objectives to maximize your trip. Bring your own reusable water bottle that you can fill up at the Heli Barn - we're no longer providing plastic water bottles to reduce waste.
$750 plus tax per person - 1 day
$1,450 plus tax per person - 2 day
$2,100 plus tax per person - 3 day
Or book as many days as you wish and get $50 off each additional day.
This trip includes:
- Certified guides
- Small groups of four with one guide
- Helicopter access to and from the field each day
- As many daily ascents and descents as possible depending on group objectives, fitness, ability, weather and snow conditions
- Safety equipment - BCA Tracker 2 transceiver, shovel, probe, and backpack (if needed)
- Delicious heli-ready sack lunch prepared by the Mazama store
- Ground transportation
- Alpine touring equipment or splitboards